If your year was like mine, it’s had its ups and downs; joy and sorrow, achievements and disappointments, rich and meaningful relationships and those that have required patience and grace on a regular basis, good decisions and those that were not so wise. But in between were moments, … moments of wonder, of beauty and those moments you treasure forever in your heart … “I miss you grandma”, “I miss you too darling”, “But I miss you more than you miss me”, moments.
Whatever the year brought for you, 2019 was a chapter in your life. A year you’ll never have again. We are not the people we were at the end of 2018. Maybe we have changed in small inconspicuous ways or maybe for you this year came with monumental shift.
Maybe it's a year you'll always look back on fondly, or maybe you are just glad its over.
But before you go rushing or wandering into 2020, can I encourage you to take some time to reflect on the year just gone before it becomes a distant memory. Find a quiet place, some uninterrupted time alone with a journal or digital notepad and use the time to let God unpack for you the blessings and lessons that were tucked into 2019.
So often it’s only on reflection that we see what was there all the time and we were just too busy or preoccupied to see. Hindsight is filled with wisdom.
- What was the highlight of your year?
- What two lessons from 2019 will you take into the year ahead?
- What was your greatest achievement?
- What was the lowest point of the year for you and how did you handle it?
- What was the best intangible gift you received in 2019
- What did you learn about yourself?
- What are you most grateful for as you reflect on 2019?